Welcome to the Third Millennium!
Congratulations! Welcome to the future. The Twentieth Century is no more, and the Second Millennium has lapsed into history. After a lifetime of waiting, the Twenty-First Century and the Third Millennium arrived right on schedule -- 12:00:01 AM, January 1, 2001.
Despite the best efforts of Arthur C. Clarke and Stanley Kubrick, we have yet to build the beautiful spaceships and space stations of 2001: A Space Odyssey. There is no American moonbase where an alien monolith will be unearthed, nor are we technologically capable of a manned mission to Jupiter ... not yet, anyway.
Although the prophets may have been a bit optimistic in some of their predictions, they completely missed the boat on others. No science fiction writer came anywhere close to predicting the INTERNET, and in the scheme of things, the World Wide Web may well prove more important than a thousand trips to Jupiter. Our level of technology is advancing at the speed of light, and even the wildest flights of fancy are liable to prove woefully shortsighted in the long run. The future is bearing down on us like a runaway train, and our only choice is to hop aboard and enjoy the ride.
Third Millennium Publishing is a sample of the glorious things to come. Since Johannes Gutenberg invented the printing press in the mid-fifteenth century (and went bankrupt shortly thereafter), authors have been the servants of publishers. That was because publishers were the people who owned the big expensive machines on which books were printed. Without them, no author's work would reach the reading public.
No longer! The INTERNET allows authors to deliver their intellectual property directly to their customers, without the intercession of middle-men of any kind. Whether you read the book in electronic format or in trade paperback, you know those words come to you directly from the author.
That is what we are about here at Third Millennium Publishing. We are not the publishers of these books in the traditional sense. The authors are. We provide them the infrastructure and services that allow them to deliver their golden words directly to you, the reader; thereby guaranteeing that you will have a pure reading experience. When you are moved to cheer by a particularly stirring passage, when you feel a tear rolling down your face because of an evocative description, when you can picture the golden-haired beauty that is the heroine in your mind's eye, you know that the words you are reading are those of the author alone. He or she is the final arbiter of what goes into our books, and it is the author who both sets the conditions of sale and collects the lion's share of the money when you buy their work.
Gone are the days when the creative talent in publishing received 8% of the sales dollar while the publishers, printers, jobbers, bookstores, and supermarkets split the other 92%. Finally, the chains have been cast off and the authors are free to pursue their muse where they will.
So, if you are looking for a good read, or merely want to experience the future, look no further. Third Millennium Publishing has what it is you are looking for.
If you are looking for a particular author, you can find them in our Authors Section, along with links to their private sections of our website.
If you are looking for a good book, you can peruse our Books Section, where we summarize all of the works of our resident authors. When you find what you are looking for, there is a link attached to the author's name to take you to their personal pages.
And, if you are a writer looking for a method to sell your work to the general public, check out our Writer's Services section. It is there that we will answer your questions and you can decide if we are what it is you have been searching for.
Whatever your reason for coming here, feel free to stay as long as you want. Check out the writers, the books, and the width and breadth of Third Millennium Publishing.
And, oh yes, I almost forgot:
WELCOME TO THE REVOLUTION!
Return/Refund Policy: If you find any manufacturing defect in one of our books, we will replace it with a new book at no cost to you. If this is not possible for some reason, we will provide you with a full refund.